GRASS FED GALLBLADDER (W/ Ox BILE & Liver) — $72
— Traditional peoples, Native Americans and early ancestral healers believed that eating the organs from a healthy animal would strengthen and support the health of the corresponding organ of the individual.* —
NOURISH YOUR WAY TO HEALTH & HAPPINESS With GRASS FED GALLBLADDER (W/ OX BILE AND LIVER) *
For most of human history, we effortlessly consumed (nose-to-tail) the things we needed for strength, health and happiness. Like the fertile ground that we once walked upon, we were a natural extension of this earth. In the modern world, we unknowingly struggle to fulfill our nutritional needs in order to support and sustain a vibrant, disease-free life. We are now part of a world where biliary tract (liver, gallbladder and bile ducts) gut and digestive conditions are ubiquitous. The solution is to address the root cause with dietary, lifestyle and behavioral choices while nourishing and supporting our biliary tract with proven anthropological ways that are backed by modern science... this includes the use of desiccated gallbladder, ox bile and liver.
WE EVOLVED EATING ALL PARTS OF THE ANIMAL
Our early Native American ancestors would commonly take a buffalo, cut it open on the spot, and eat the warm liver seasoned with gallbladder and bile. The bile was sprinkled on various organs and glands as a condiment... the way we might use mustard today.2 Word has it that gallbladder and bile did a lot for the taste of liver. It likely did a whole lot more than just improve the taste.
For thousands of years, the Chinese have considered the bile salts a "cold" medicine, believed to extinguish the "heat" of an illness like digestive conditions, diabetes and even high blood pressure. It is especially valued as a treatment for serious liver disease.3 The active substance in bile (of bear and all other mammals, including cows) is ursodeoxycholic acid (UDCA).
Nutrition giant Weston A. Price interviewed the beloved Dr. Romig in Alaska who stated “that in his thirty-six years of contact with these people (the Natives) he had never seen a single case of malignant disease among the truly primitive Eskimos and Indians, although it frequently occurs when they become modernized. He found, similarly, that the acute surgical problems requiring operation on internal organs, such as the gall bladder, kidney, stomach and appendix, do not occur among the primitives but are very common problems among the modernized Eskimos and Indians.4
Whole food, nutrient dense organs and glands can provide great benefit for those seeking targeted support in harmony with nature — the old fashioned way, the way that our early ancestors did.* Grass Fed Gallbladder (w/ Ox Bile & Liver) is a whole food and dietary supplement that provides pure bovine gallbladder with ox bile and liver that's teeming with gallbladder-specific building blocks, ox bile, liver, peptides, cofactors and enzymes to nourish and support our own gallbladder and digestive health.*
- Pasture Raised In New Zealand
- Grass-fed & Grass-Finished
- Hormone, Pesticide & GMO Free
- Absolutely No Fillers (or) Flow Agents
- 100% Freeze Dried & Non-Defatted
- Third Party Tested For Purity
- Allergen Free
CONSIDER THE SOURCE
New Zealand seems like it was made for raising healthy animals. Its location and climate produce pristine conditions for cattle and sheep, and the farmers have uncanny expertise handed down for generations. New Zealand is unique among meat-producing regions in the world because its climate is moderate so the grass in the pastures grows fresh and grows green year-round which means the cows and sheep can eat the food that’s healthiest for them every day of the year.
Our nose-to-tail product line is always from grassfed, inspected animals born and raised without the use of pesticides, hormones or antibiotics. Health of livestock used for manufacturing in New Zealand is closely monitored by a world leading biosecurity system that is second to none, and is a global exemplar. Strict government licensing, auditing and certification procedures mean that our genuine New Zealand freeze dried products can be used with complete confidence in their origin, safety and efficacy. Freeze-drying preser
* Our product line is 100% additive-free. Absolutely no stearates, lubricants, binders, fillers or flow agents... except with our Bone Marrow (see Other Ingredients) *
- Serving Size: 2 Capsules
- Servings Per Container: 90
AMOUNT PER SERVING (2 CAPSULES)
Freeze-Dried New Zealand Grassfed Gallbladder w/ Ox Bile & Liver
- Grass Fed Gallbladder (Bovine) 250MG
- Grass Fed Ox Bile (Bovine) 250MG
- Grass Fed Liver (Bovine) 500MG
OTHER INGREDIENTS: Collagen (Beef Gelatin) Capsules
SUGGESTED USE: Two capsules per meal or as directed by a healthcare professional.
MANUFACTURED IN THE USA: ANCESTRAL SUPPLEMENTS, LLC
* FDA STATEMENT: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
BENEFITS OF GRASS FED GALLBLADDER (W/ OX BILE & LIVER)
Traditional peoples, Native Americans and early ancestral healers believed that eating the organs from a healthy animal would strengthen and support the health of the corresponding organ of the individual. For instance, the traditional way of treating a person with a weak heart was to feed the person the heart of a healthy animal. Similarly, eating the kidneys of a healthy animal was believed to nourish urinary ailments, boost vitality and support overall kidney health... Pancreas was fed to people with digestive and endocrine problems... spleen was fed to people with immune and blood deficiencies...1 gallbladder, ox bile and liver provided concentrated amounts of gallbladder-specific building blocks, bile and liver that support our biliary tract (gallbladder, liver, bile ducts) and are now absent from the modern diet.
Dr. Royal Lee, and other early nutritional pioneers, believed the degenerative processes of a specific organ / gland could be reversed by ingesting the corresponding raw materials specific to that organ / gland...5 that gallbladder and liver glandular tissue provided gallbladder and liver glandular specific building blocks to nourish, support and remodel one's own gallbladder and liver.*
LIVER — THE ULTIMATE SUPERFOOD
Whether from grassfed beef, bison, or lamb, grass fed liver is one of the most nutrient-dense, health promoting foods you could possibly eat. Hunters all over the world, for uncounted thousands of years, would eat the raw livers of the animals they killed. Lions and other predatory animals will also eat the liver first. Grass fed liver is particularly rich in vitamin B12, vitamin A, choline, folate and many other powerful nutrients that most people are deficient in. Grass fed liver also contains compounds that help the human liver function better. Other substances in liver reduce fatigue, improve digestive health and support brain function.*1
Many people look to targeted support "like heals like" while neglecting the very fundamental nourishment that governs our biology, health and well-being. It's no wonder that so many people successfully support organ and glandular related health conditions (thyroid, adrenal and gut included) by just nourishing their bodies with the fundamentals — Liver and Bone Marrow.*
ANCESTRAL WISDOM BACKED BY SCIENCE
Organs and glandulars were a staple of our early ancestors' diets as the ultimate superfood, for good reason. It turns out, this nourishing tradition is backed by science... "Radioisotope labeling studies in animals have shown conclusively that, when eaten, organs and glands selectively travel to the corresponding organs and glands in high concentrations. This research, done at the University of Scotland in Edinburgh, lends credence to the ancient practice of eating animal organs to help ensure health in one’s corresponding organs..." - Dr. Ron Schmid, ND.*6 Our early ancestors knew this, which is why their traditional diets included the frequent and nourishing consumption of nose-to-tail nutrients.
GRASS FED GALLBLADDER (W/ OX BILE & Liver) CONTAINS...
- Healthy Gallbladder Building Blocks... Gallbladder Specific Proteins, Peptides, Enzymes & Cofactors
- Molecular Biodirectors — DNA Blueprints To Build and Repair Healthy Tissue
- Bile Acids, Good Cholesterol, Phospholipids Inorganic Salts & Trace Minerals
- Bile-Derived Antioxidants: Bilirubin, Glutathione, Vitamin E, and Melatonin7
- Methylation Raw Materials (folate, choline, B12, methyl donors)
NOTE: For intensive support, consider reviewing the life’s work of Dr. John F. Prudden... he showed that the use of bovine tracheal cartilage (BTC) had unique and powerful effects on healing, immune conditions and other life threatening conditions considered to be treatment resistant to conventional therapies.*
GRASS FED GALLBLADDER (W/ OX BILE & LIVER) SUPPORTS...
- Optimal Gallbladder Health Based On "Like Supports Like" *
- Optimal Liver & Bile Duct Health Based On "Like Supports Like" *
- Healthy Bile Flow *
- Digestive Issues, Leaky Gut, Gut Related Conditions *
- Absorption Of The Fat-Soluble Vitamins A, D, E, and K
NOTE: Like many interorgan networks, the gut–biliary connection is a two-way street... leaky gut and microbes entering the blood can lead to gallbladder disease and a backup of bile. But a lack of bile entering the intestine can itself cause leaky gut and an alteration in gut bacteria. 8
SUGGESTED USE (2 CAPSULES PER MEAL)
Our Grass Fed Gallbladder (w/ Ox Bile & Liver) is a whole food dietary supplement that provides 100% pure bovine gallbladder with ox bile and liver. The suggested use of this supplement is to take 2 capsules per meal (even though it technically is food) or as directed by a healthcare professional — for added support, the dose can be doubled.
POTENTIAL ISSUES (DETOX REACTION)
Most customers tolerate our supplements without incident; however, approximately 5 to 10% of customers (usually with an autoimmune condition) may experience a detoxification reaction with the introduction of liver. Detoxification reactions go by many different names including healing reactions, healing crises, cleansing reactions (or) Herxheimer reactions with hallmark symptoms of nausea, headache, lethargy, dizziness and other flu like symptoms. In this instance, detoxification reactions are generally an indication that detoxification pathways in the body are back online... cells suddenly have an opportunity to release an even greater than normal quantity of stored toxins, metabolic wastes, pathogens and unwanted material.
A detoxification reaction is more likely to occur when starting with the full suggested serving size of 2 capsules per meal. If you know that you are sensitive to supplements and/or you have an autoimmune condition, you may wish to start slow when adding this product to your current regimen. Tolerability can be greatly improved by starting with just 1 (or) 2 capsules a day and increasing by just 1 capsule every couple of days — this method may take a full two weeks to achieve the desired serving size of 2 capsules per meal (6 capsules) per day.
For customers that are highly sensitive to supplements and/or have an autoimmune and/or methylation SNPs, I suggest that you "play it safe" by introducing just one new capsule per week. In other words, just 1 capsule during the 1st week... 2 capsules during the 2nd week... 3 capsules during the 3rd week and so on... yes, this will take some time to reach the suggested dosages but this greatly helps to ensure tolerability of this deep nourishment so that it has a chance to do good (all those gut health and digestion benefits).
- Eat Like Our Early Ancestors Did - Think root cause. Many people resolve gallbladder issues simply by eating a ketogenic / paleo / primalish diet... see example below.
- Remove Inflammatory Foods - Gluten's out... processed foods, and sugars are out... this can substantially improve gallbladder health and bile flow.
- Support Bile Flow - Biliary tract glandulars (like ours!) have a long history of supporting this system... bitters like curcumin, dandelion, milk thistle, and ginger are also well known for their ability to stimulate bile flow.
- Dissolve Gallstones - Use beet root, taurine, phosphatidylcholine, lemon, peppermint and vitamin C to reduce the impact of or even dissolve gallstones.
- Sleep Like Our Early Ancestors Did - On the hierarchy of health, sleep trumps almost everything else... see our "About Us" page for more on this.
- Move Like Our Early Ancestors Did - Start walking more... 20 - 30 minutes in the AM, 20 - 30 minutes after lunch, 20 - 30 minutes after diner.
DON'T GO LOW FAT
Conventional medicine usually just advocates a low-fat diet and surgical intervention. While this may temporarily alleviate symptoms, long-term reduction of fat intake only prevents the stimulation of gallbladder contraction by cholecystokinin. This can lead to more sluggishness and an increased risk of gallstones over time, which is what we are trying to avoid in the first place. In contrast, a high-fat diet has been shown to protect against gallstone formation.8
DO GO PALEO / PRIMAL / KETOGENIC
For serious gut, gallbladder, bile and digestive issues, a high fat, moderate protein, lowish-carb ketogenic / paleo / primal diet can be remarkably therapeutic (see below). Ketosis is a high healthy fat (75%), moderate protein (20%), low carbohydrate (5%) way of eating. Have a look at what my tribe and I eat... our first meal is downright delicious and our second meal is way better than any restaurant food.
OUR TYPICAL 1ST MEAL IS A DELICIOUS SHAKE AND IT LOOKS LIKE THIS...
- Wallaby Organic / Grass fed yogurt (2 cups or 150g)
- NOW Brand MCT oil (1-2 tablespoons; up to 30g- dose to tolerability). NOTE: MCT always produces elevated ketones.
- Organic raw virgin coconut oil or organic ghee (2 to 3 tablespoons or 30 to 45g)
- Organic almond butter (2 tablespoons or 30g)
- Organic unrefined red palm oil (1 tablespoon or 15g)
- Grassfed Ancestral Collagen / Gelatin (10-20g)
- Himalayan sea salt -- 1/4 tsp (2 to 3g)
- Organic cinnamon -- 2g
- Organic instant coffee -- 2g (only when seeking variety)
- Organic / Grassfed vanilla protein powder (1 scoop) — I like Bluebonnet Grassfed Protein
- Organic banana (optional when not doing strict keto or if sleep if affected by too low carb consumption)
- Organic / Pasture raised raw eggs (4 to 6 large eggs)
- Organic raw pastured-raised milk (1 cup or 150g)... raw is best but Whole Kalona Brand Milk is a good second option if you don't do raw milk. If you don't tolerate milk, find an alternative.
This shake takes me a whopping 15 minutes to make... It's super convenient... and, it's down right delicious. If I don't make a shake, I will have a bunch of pasture-raised eggs (8 or so) that are smothered in a massive amount of butter topped with crunchy sea salt, a side of avocado, nitrate-free, sugar-free bacon and a dollop of homemade sour cream. Are you kidding me... don't even try to tell me that your current breakfast is better in taste nor in health.
OUR TYPICAL SECOND MEAL IS MOSTLY COOKED... IT'S HOT... IT'S BETTER THAN ANY RESTAURANT FOOD... IT LOOKS LIKE THIS...
- Homemade Bone Soup (simmered for two to three days with tons of marrow)
- Serving or Kimchi
- Organic Avocado (optional: top with fish eggs, lemon juice and sea salt)
- Grass fed butter or Ghee (2 tablespoons)
- Salad of dark leafy greens (when in season) w/ 2 tablespoons of organic, fresh pressed olive oil and sea salt (I get mine from Apollo Olive Oil)
- Grass fed organs (6 - 9 oz of various animals, various organs)
- Organic almond butter (2 tablespoons) mixed with organic raw coconut oil (2 tablespoons)
- Organic banana with raw local honey (optional: when not doing strict keto or if sleep or gut if affected by too low carb consumption)
- 100% Cacao block for dessert
We generally carb reload on the weekends with plenty of sweet potatoes, raw local honey, the occasional sorghum and various in-season fruits. For gut / digestive repair, I don't suggest massive refeeds like we do... stay the course until you're better, then you can do this. We also do a twenty-four to thirty hour fast on Sundays... it's not as bad as it sounds. We eat an early dinner as we normally would on early Saturday evening... skip our first meal on Sunday, and eat an amazing fish-based dinner (usually wild caught sardines with wild caught fish eggs) with the entire tribe on Sunday. Once a quarter, we do a 5-day water only fast (adults only).
SUPPLEMENTS THAT YOU SHOULD TAKE FOR FUNDAMENTAL SUPPORT
- Grass Fed Organs
- Grass Fed Bone Marrow
- Magnesium... transdermal magnesium oil applied to feet before bed and oral magnesium
- Vitamin D3 - only when not able to get adequate sun exposure (nor) fish eggs
- Vitamin K2 - only when not regularly eating my fermented veggies, sauerkraut, kimchi or natto
- UVEX Glasses - sleep is everything!
SUPPLEMENTS THAT YOU SHOULD TAKE FOR TARGETED SUPPORT
- Grass Fed Gallbladder (w/ Ox Bile & Liver)
- Grass Fed Intestines (w/ Tripe)
- Bitters - curcumin, dandelion, milk thistle, and ginger are also well known for their ability to stimulate bile flow
- Honorable Mentions For Targeted Support - may use Grass Fed Intestines (w/ Tripe) for gut health... Thymus or Spleen for allergies or to boost immune system... Kidney for kidney and urinary support... Brain if the brain need a boost... Bovine Tracheal Cartilage to recover an injury or for intensive gut support... Thyroid in the winter when little to no carbs are available... Adrenal if adrenal support is required... you get the picture.
Keep in mind that my tribe and I eat a very nutrient dense diet. We consume the whole animal just as our ancestors did... That's right, we eat the liver, kidney, pancreas, spleen, heart, thymus, bones, tendons, ligaments and more... and we eat this way every day (except on vacation we take extra Liver, Beef Organs and Bone Marrow supplements). We love our bone broth (this is my wife's specialty), and we eat tons of pastured eggs. Wife is awesome enough to sprout chickpeas for us. Then, she turns half of the batch into the best homemade hummus in the world. Super high in folate (NOT SYNTHETIC FOLIC ACID, big diff)!!
You never know, ancestral eating patterns (i.e. cycling back and forth between paleo, ketosis and fasting) could easily be the missing link to the energy, mood, memory and mental performance benefits that we are all after. This is how our early ancestors ate. Start eating like this to build your biological resilience.
If you'd like to know exactly how my tribe and I live to support optimal health, go to our "About Us" page and read the entire page.
high quality ORGANS & GLANDS
Okay, you're convinced! You're going to start incorporating nose-to-tail nourishment in your routine because, well... you're educated now... you understand, just as our early ancestors did, that they provide superlative health benefits that are missing in our modern diets. The next step is sourcing it. It's important that you source the highest quality because not all organs, glands and cartilage are created equal. Consider the source.
- Should Come From An Unpolluted Geographical Region — Isolated, Healthy, Pristine Lands
- Should Come From Pasture Raised Animals
- Should Come From Grass-Fed & Grass-Finished Animals
- Should Come From Animals That Are Hormone, Pesticide & GMO Free
- Should Also Be Ultra Pure... Absolutely No Fillers (or) Flow Agents, No Allergens
- Should Be Non-Defatted
- Should Be 100% Freeze Dried... Freeze Drying Preserves Heat Sensitive Biological Activity
SUGGESTED SUPPLEMENTS (3) FOR EVERYONE
If you're going to pick just one ancestral supplement to start with, make it our GRASS FED BEEF LIVER... unless you need targeted support with another specific organ system (see below). If you are going to pick two supplements, our GRASS FED BEEF LIVER and our GRASS FED BEEF ORGANS provide complementary and synergistic nourishment. If you can add a third supplement, GRASS FED BONE MARROW fills fat soluble nutrition gaps, provides stem cells, bovine cartilage, glycosaminoglycans and the fat soluble activators that nutrition giant Dr. Weston Price extensively wrote about.
- Grass Fed Beef Liver
- Grass Fed Beef Organs (liver, heart, kidney, pancreas, spleen)
- Grass Fed Bone Marrow
On the other hand, if you're looking for targeted organ support, you will likely be interested in our GRASSFED GALLBLADDER (W/ OX BILE & LIVER) to support an ailing biliary tract... GRASS FED BEEF HEART to support heart health (or) our GRASS FED THYROID to support a struggling thyroid (or) our GRASS FED THYMUS to support thymus function and immune health... you get the picture.* We have a nose-to-tail product line that can be found on our "Products" page. If you can't find what you're looking for (or) you're not sure what you're looking for, send us an email and we'll do everything we can to help.
GRASS FED Grass Fed GALLBLADDER (w/ OX BILE & LIVER) Summary
Our genome has evolved with the nourishment of nose-to-tail dining since the beginning of time. Grass Fed Gallbladder (w/ Ox Bile & Liver) is a whole food and dietary supplement that provides 100% pure bovine gallbladder (w/ ox bile and liver) that's teeming with biliary tract-specific building blocks, proteins, peptides, cofactors and enzymes to nourish and support our own gallbladder and digestive health.*
Not all organs and glands are the same. Look for the highest quality bovine gallbladder, ox bile and liver... It should come from small family farms... pasture-raised, grass-fed and grass-finished animals that are hormone, pesticide and GMO free. If considering a supplement, look for one that is ultra pure (without binders, fillers (or) flow agents) and look for the freeze dried variety as these have been shown to optimally preserve nutritional factors, growth factors and co-factors.
We care deeply about each and every aspect of our "seed to supplement" way of life... great love and gratitude goes out to the souls of our animal brethren, such beautiful creatures that were sacrificed so that we could be nourished.
Sources and References
- Fishman, Stanley A. "The Benefits of Organ Meats." Tender Grassfed Meat. N.p., 09 Dec. 2014. Web. 17 June 2017.
- Frazier, I. (2006). Great plains. London: Granta.
- Montgomery, S. (2009). Search for the golden moon bear: science and adventure in Southeast Asia. White River Junction, VT: Chelsea Green Pub.
- Sally Fallon and Mary G. Enig, PhD. (2000, January 01). Guts and Grease: The Diet of Native Americans. Retrieved February 14, 2018, from https://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/traditional-diets/guts-and-grease-the-diet-of-native-americans/
- Protomorphology: The Principles of Cell Auto-Regulation. (n.d.). Retrieved February 14, 2018, from https://www.seleneriverpress.com/historical/protomorphology-the-principles-of-cell-auto-regulation/
- "Spleen, 500mg, 180 Capsules." Dr. Ron's Ultra-Pure. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 June 2017.
- Wang, D. Q., & Carey, M. C. (2014, August 07). Therapeutic uses of animal biles in traditional Chinese medicine: An ethnopharmacological, biophysical chemical and medicinal review. Retrieved February 14, 2018, from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4123376/
- Kresser, C. (2017, May 10). The Little-Known Connection between Leaky Gut, Gluten Intolerance, and Gallbladder Problems. Retrieved February 14, 2018, from https://kresserinstitute.com/little-known-connection-leaky-gut-gluten-intolerance-gallbladder-problems/