GRASS FED Beef LUNG (w/ Liver) — $52
— Traditional peoples, Native Americans and early ancestral healers believed that eating the organs from a healthy animal would strengthen and support the health of the corresponding organ of the individual.* 1 —
NOURISH YOUR WAY TO HEALTH & HAPPINESS With GRASS FED BEEF LUNG *
For most of human history, we effortlessly consumed (nose-to-tail) the things we needed for strength, health and happiness. Like the fertile ground that we once walked upon, we were a natural extension of this earth. In the modern world, we unknowingly struggle to fulfill our lifestyle and nutritional needs in order to support and sustain a vibrant, disease-free life. We are now part of a world where bronchitis, pneumonia, asthma and other upper respiratory conditions run amok. This product has been brought to market to help with conditions related to lungs as well as arteriovascular support (vascular malfunctions, varicose and spider veins, etc). I believe that the ultimate solution is a return to ancestral living (see About Us page).
WE EVOLVED EATING LIVER AND LUNGS...
Almost every anthropologist knows that animals in the wild instinctively go for the liver, lungs and the bone marrow first... these are the fundamental foods that provide the deepest nourishment in nature. It turns out, our early hominid ancestors also preferentially favored these parts. There are few historical facts about the origin of lung dishes. Some argue that the delicacy stems from ancient times after a hunt, when easily perishable parts of an animal were eaten instantly. Others claim that its origins go as far back to the Ancient Romans or even before at around the eighth century BC, as a lung recipe was alluded to in Book 20 of Homer’s Odyssey. 2
Samuel Hearne, a fur-trader and explorer writing in 1768, describes the preparation of caribou: “Of all the dishes cooked by the Indians, a beeatee, as it is called in their language, is certainly the most delicious that can be prepared from caribou only, without any other ingredient. It is a kind of haggis, made with the blood, a good quantity of fat shred, some of the tenderest of the flesh, together with the heart and lungs cut, or more commonly torn, into small slivers; all of which is put into the stomach and toasted by being suspended before the fire on a string. . . . it is certainly a most delicious morsel, even without pepper, salt or any other seasoning.” 3
Regardless of how it all began, it's clear that we evolved eating this stuff. Even Beverly Hungry Wolf describes the preparation and consumption of a cow in The Ways of My Grandmothers, noting that her grandmother prepared the cow “as she had learned to prepare wild buffalo when she was young.” If not immediately devoured, the lungs were sliced and hung up to dry. They would later be used in soups and stews.
While the heart represents an excellent source of large vessel tissue, the lung features a unique, remarkable density of widely differentiated blood vessels. The lung contains arteries, capillaries and veins in the approximate proportions that they exist throughout the body. Moreover, these tissues encompass the widely varied anatomy and physiology of the systemic circulatory system, including thickness, elasticity, muscularity and functions. Lung appears to be natures all-natural lung, respiratory and arteriovascular supplement. 4
Lung is also a source of lung-specific building blocks, peptides and enzymes. Lung tissue has historically been used by those with respiratory disorders (such as bronchitis, asthma, chronic coughs, chest colds), convalescent stages (of pneumonia, colds, flu), and pulmonary involvements (including accidents, industrial fumes and dust inhalation).* 5,6
Whole food, nutrient dense organs and glands can provide great benefit for those seeking targeted support in harmony with nature — the old fashioned way, the way that our early ancestors did.* Grass Fed Beef Lung (w/ Liver) is a whole food and dietary supplement that provides pure bovine lung and liver with arteriovascular and lung-specific building blocks, peptides and enzymes to nourish and support one's own circulatory and respiratory health.*
- Pasture Raised In New Zealand
- Grass-fed & Grass-Finished
- Hormone, Pesticide & GMO Free
- Absolutely No Fillers (or) Flow Agents
- 100% Freeze Dried & Non-Defatted
- Third Party Tested For Purity
- Allergen Free
- ONE SMALL BATCH AT A TIME
CONSIDER THE SOURCE
New Zealand seems like it was made for raising healthy animals. Its location and climate produce pristine conditions for cattle and sheep, and the farmers have uncanny expertise handed down for generations. New Zealand is unique among meat-producing regions in the world because its climate is moderate so the grass in the pastures grows fresh and grows green year-round which means the cows and sheep can eat the food that’s healthiest for them every day of the year.
Our nose-to-tail product line is always from grassfed, inspected animals born and raised without the use of pesticides, hormones or antibiotics. Health of livestock used for manufacturing in New Zealand is closely monitored by a world leading biosecurity system that is second to none, and is a global exemplar. Strict government licensing, auditing and certification procedures mean that our genuine New Zealand freeze dried products can be used with complete confidence in their origin, safety and efficacy. Freeze-drying preser
* Our product line is 100% additive-free. Absolutely no stearates, lubricants, binders, fillers or flow agents... except with our Bone Marrow (see Other Ingredients) *
- Serving Size: 1 Capsule
- Servings Per Container: 180
AMOUNT PER CAPSULE
Freeze-Dried New Zealand Grassfed Lung
- Grass Fed Lung (Bovine) 250MG
- Grass Fed Liver (Bovine) 250MG
OTHER INGREDIENTS: Collagen (Beef Gelatin) Capsules
SUGGESTED USE: One capsule with each meal or as directed by a healthcare professional.
MANUFACTURED IN THE USA: ANCESTRAL SUPPLEMENTS, LLC
* FDA STATEMENT: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
BENEFITS OF GRASS FED LUNG And LIVER
Traditional peoples, Native Americans and early ancestral healers believed that eating the organs from a healthy animal would strengthen and support the health of the corresponding organ of the individual. For instance, the traditional way of treating a person with a weak heart was to feed the person the heart of a healthy animal. Similarly, eating the kidneys of a healthy animal was believed to nourish urinary ailments, boost vitality and support overall kidney health... Pancreas was fed to people with digestive and endocrine problems... spleen was fed to people with immune and blood deficiencies...1 lung tissue has historically been used by those with respiratory conditions (such as bronchitis, asthma, chronic coughs, chest colds and pneumonia).* 5,6 Modern day functional practitioners use lung glandular to support lung conditions as well as to support arteriovascular conditions related to arteriovascular support (vascular malfunctions, varicose and spider veins, etc)
Dr. Royal Lee, and other early nutritional pioneers, believed the degenerative processes of a specific organ / gland could be reversed by ingesting the corresponding raw materials specific to that organ / gland.7
GRASS FED LUNG & LIVER — THE ULTIMATE SUPERFOODS
Whether from grassfed beef, bison, or lamb, grass fed liver is one of the most nutrient-dense, health promoting foods you could possibly eat. Hunters all over the world, for uncounted thousands of years, would eat the raw livers of the animals they killed. Lions and other predatory animals will also eat the liver first. Grass fed liver is particularly rich in vitamin B12, vitamin A, choline, folate and and many other powerful nutrients that most people are deficient in. Grass fed liver also contains compounds that help the human liver function better. Other substances in liver reduce fatigue, improve digestive health and support brain function.*1
Many people look to targeted support "like heals like" while neglecting the very fundamental nourishment that governs our biology, health and well-being. It's no wonder that so many people successfully support organ and glandular related health conditions (thyroid, adrenal and gut included) by just nourishing their bodies with the fundamentals — Liver and Bone Marrow.*
ANCESTRAL WISDOM BACKED BY SCIENCE
Organs and glandulars were a staple of our early ancestors' diets as the ultimate superfood, for good reason. It turns out, this nourishing tradition is backed by science... "Radioisotope labeling studies in animals have shown conclusively that, when eaten, organs and glands selectively travel to the corresponding organs and glands in high concentrations. This research, done at the University of Scotland in Edinburgh, lends credence to the ancient practice of eating animal organs to help ensure health in one’s corresponding organs..." - Dr. Ron Schmid, ND.*8 Our early ancestors knew this, which is why their traditional diets included the frequent and nourishing consumption of nose-to-tail nutrients.
GRASS FED LUNG (w/ Liver) CONTAINS...
- Arteriovascular and Lung-Specific Building Blocks, Peptides and Enzymes *
- Remarkable Density of Widely Differentiated Blood Vessels (i.e. arteries, capillaries and veins in the approximate proportions that they exist throughout the body) *
- Molecular Biodirectors — DNA Blueprints To Build and Repair Healthy Tissue
NOTE: For intensive support, consider reviewing the life’s work of Dr. John F. Prudden... he showed that the use of bovine tracheal cartilage (BTC) had unique and powerful effects on healing, immune conditions and other life threatening conditions considered to be treatment resistant to conventional therapies.*
GRASS FED LUNG (w/ Liver) SUPPORTS...
- Optimal Lung Health Based On "Like Supports Like" *
- Optimal Arteriovascular Health Based On "Like Supports Like" *
- Upper Respiratory Conditions
- Arteriovascular Conditions (i.e. arteries, capillaries, veins)
NOTE: While the heart represents an excellent source of large vessel tissue, the lung features a unique, remarkable density of widely differentiated blood vessels. The lung contains arteries, capillaries and veins in the approximate proportions that they exist throughout the body. Moreover, these tissues encompass the widely varied anatomy and physiology of the systemic circulatory system, including thickness, elasticity, muscularity and functions. Lung appears to be natures all-natural lung, respiratory and arteriovascular supplement. 4
SUGGESTED USE (1 CAPSULE W/ EACH MEAL)
Our Grass Fed Lung (w/ Liver) is a whole food dietary supplement that provides 100% pure bovine lung with 100% pure bovine liver. This supplement should be taken with food. The suggested use is 1 capsule with each meal or as directed by a healthcare professional — for added support, the dose can be doubled. If consuming more than six capsules at once, the doses should be separated by at least three hours.
POTENTIAL ISSUES (DETOX REACTION)
Most customers tolerate our supplements without incident; however, approximately 5 to 10% of customers (usually with an autoimmune condition) may experience a detoxification reaction. Detoxification reactions go by many different names including healing reactions, healing crises, cleansing reactions (or) Herxheimer reactions with hallmark symptoms of nausea, headache, lethargy, dizziness and other flu like symptoms. In this instance, detoxification reactions are generally an indication that detoxification pathways in the body are back online... cells suddenly have an opportunity to release an even greater than normal quantity of stored toxins, metabolic wastes, pathogens and unwanted material.
A detoxification reaction is more likely to occur when starting with more than the full suggested serving size of 1 capsule with each meal. If you know that you are sensitive to supplements and/or you have an autoimmune condition, you may wish to start slow when adding this product to your current regimen. Tolerability can be greatly improved by starting with just 1 capsule a day and increasing by just 1 capsule every couple of days — this method may take a full two weeks to achieve the desired serving size of 1 capsule with each meal (or) 3 capsules per day.
For customers that are highly sensitive to supplements and/or have an autoimmune and/or methylation SNPs, I suggest that you "play it safe" by introducing just one new capsule per week. In other words, just 1 capsule a day during the 1st week... 2 capsules a day during the 2nd week, and 3 capsules a day (1 with each meal) during the 3rd week. This will take some time to reach the suggested dosages but this greatly helps to ensure tolerability of this deep nourishment so that it has a chance to do good.
As we age, our respiratory function diminishes with each passing year... we lose elasticity and we have a less robust cough reflex to expel particulate debris (e.g. infectious agents, pollutants, irritants, etc), which in part, contributes to respiratory tract infections.
Our functional healthcare practitioner accounts commonly report a stronger, more frequent and more robust cough reflex in the initial weeks of commencing our Lung glandular. In this instance, coughing and/or detox reactions are generally an indication that the ciliary escalator is being nourished and now has new-found opportunity to release an even greater than normal quantity of particulate debris, including pollutants, stored toxins, metabolic waste, pathogens and other unwanted material.
A notable improvement in cough reflex (more frequent and stronger coughing) can sometimes be observed as early as the first dose. While this is generally considered a side benefit for most, it may pose as a nuisance for others. This can usually be remediated by decreasing the dosage to just 1/2 capsule per day (w/ a meal).
ROAD TO RECOVERY
Lung function tends to peak around the age of 30, after which it starts to decline. The rate of decline varies depending on factors such as smoking, movement/ exercise, exposure to indoor and outdoor pollutants and diet. Anthocyanins, a type of flavonoid, have been shown to improve symptoms of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and help slow the gradual decline in lung health associated with aging. Recent research shows those in the highest quartile of anthocyanin intake, compared to those in the lowest quartile, had a significantly reduced annual decline in lung function measurements over time. Anthocyanins are found in red-blue plant pigments that give berries and other foods their red, blue and purple color. See list below...
- Eat Like Our Early Ancestors Did - Think root cause. Many people resolve upper respiratory, lung, circulatory and arteriovascular issues simply by eating a ketogenic / paleo / primalish diet that's also rich in anthocyanins... see example below.
- Remove Inflammatory Foods - Gluten's out... processed foods, and sugars are out... this can substantially improve everything.
- Sleep Like Our Early Ancestors Did - On the hierarchy of health, sleep trumps almost everything else... see our "About Us" page for more on this.
- Move Like Our Early Ancestors Did - Start walking more... 20 - 30 minutes in the AM, 20 - 30 minutes after lunch, 20 - 30 minutes after dinner.
DO GO PALEO / PRIMAL / KETOGENIC W/ Anthocyanins
For serious chronic and recurrent upper respiratory, lung, circulatory and arteriovascular issues, a high fat, moderate protein, lowish-carb ketogenic / paleo / primal diet can be remarkably therapeutic (see below). Ketosis is a high healthy fat (75%), moderate protein (20%), low carbohydrate (5%) way of eating. Have a look at what my tribe and I eat... our first meal is downright delicious and our second meal is way better than any restaurant food. For those that need comprehensive lung support, consider adding a handful of anthocyanins (strawberries, cherries, red cabbage, cranberries, plums, raspberries, blueberries, black currants, purple grapes, purple potatoes) with each meal. Don't worry, you'll still be paleo / primal and pretty darn close to keto.
FOR THE MOST UP-TO-DATE PRIMAL / KETOGENIC / CARNIVORE WAYS THAT I FOLLOW, GO TO THE ABOUT US PAGE HERE.
OUR TYPICAL 1ST MEAL IS A DELICIOUS SHAKE AND IT LOOKS LIKE THIS...
- Wallaby Organic / Grass fed yogurt (2 cups or 150g)
- NOW Brand MCT oil (1-2 tablespoons; up to 30g- dose to tolerability). NOTE: MCT always produces elevated ketones.
- Organic raw virgin coconut oil or organic ghee (2 to 3 tablespoons or 30 to 45g)
- Organic almond butter (2 tablespoons or 30g)
- Organic unrefined red palm oil (1 tablespoon or 15g)
- Grassfed Ancestral Collagen / Gelatin (10-20g)
- Himalayan sea salt -- 1/4 tsp (2 to 3g)
- Organic cinnamon -- 2g
- Organic instant coffee -- 2g (only when seeking variety)
- Organic / Grassfed vanilla protein powder (1 scoop) — I like Bluebonnet Grassfed Protein
- Organic banana (optional when not doing strict keto or if sleep if affected by too low carb consumption)
- Organic / Pasture raised raw eggs (4 to 6 large eggs)
- Organic raw pastured-raised milk (1 cup or 150g)... raw is best but Whole Kalona Brand Milk is a good second option if you don't do raw milk. If you don't tolerate milk, find an alternative.
- Handful of anthocyanins: strawberries, cherries, red cabbage, cranberries, plums, raspberries, blueberries, black currants, purple grapes, purple potatoes
This shake takes me a whopping 15 minutes to make... It's super convenient... and, it's down right delicious. If I don't make a shake, I will have a bunch of pasture-raised eggs (8 or so) that are smothered in a massive amount of butter topped with crunchy sea salt, a side of avocado, nitrate-free, sugar-free bacon and a dollop of homemade sour cream. Are you kidding me... don't even try to tell me that your current breakfast is better in taste nor in health.
OUR TYPICAL SECOND MEAL IS MOSTLY COOKED... IT'S HOT... IT'S BETTER THAN ANY RESTAURANT FOOD... IT LOOKS LIKE THIS...
- Homemade Bone Soup (simmered for two to three days with tons of marrow)
- Serving or Kimchi
- Organic Avocado (optional: top with fish eggs, lemon juice and sea salt)
- Grass fed butter or Ghee (2 tablespoons)
- Salad of dark leafy greens (when in season) w/ 2 tablespoons of organic, fresh pressed olive oil and sea salt (I get mine from Apollo Olive Oil)
- Grass fed organs (6 - 9 oz of various animals, various organs)
- Organic almond butter (2 tablespoons) mixed with organic raw coconut oil (2 tablespoons)
- Organic banana with raw local honey (optional: when not doing strict keto or if sleep or gut if affected by too low carb consumption)
- 100% Cacao block for dessert
- Handful of anthocyanins: strawberries, cherries, red cabbage, cranberries, plums, raspberries, blueberries, black currants, purple grapes, purple potatoes
We generally carb reload on the weekends with plenty of sweet potatoes, raw local honey, the occasional sorghum and various in-season fruits. We also do a twenty-four to thirty hour fast on Sundays... it's not as bad as it sounds. We eat an early dinner as we normally would on early Saturday evening... skip our first meal on Sunday, and eat an amazing fish-based dinner (usually wild caught sardines with wild caught fish eggs) with the entire tribe on Sunday. Once a quarter, we do a 5-day water only fast (adults only).
SUPPLEMENTS THAT YOU SHOULD TAKE FOR FUNDAMENTAL SUPPORT
- Grass Fed Organs
- Grass Fed Bone Marrow
- Magnesium... transdermal magnesium oil applied to feet before bed and oral magnesium
- Vitamin D3 - only when not able to get adequate sun exposure (nor) fish eggs
- Vitamin K2 - only when not regularly eating my fermented veggies, sauerkraut, kimchi or natto
- UVEX Glasses - sleep is everything!
SUPPLEMENTS THAT YOU SHOULD TAKE FOR TARGETED SUPPORT
- Grass Fed Lung (w/ Liver)
- Grass Fed Thymus - immune booster
- Honorable Mentions For Targeted Support - Spleen for allergies, Kidney for food born histamine intolerance, Bovine Tracheal Cartilage for recurrent and chronic conditions that seem otherwise treatment resistant.
Keep in mind that my tribe and I eat a very nutrient dense diet. We consume the whole animal just as our ancestors did... That's right, we eat the liver, kidney, pancreas, spleen, heart, thymus, bones, tendons, ligaments and more... and we eat this way every day (except on vacation we take extra Liver, Beef Organs and Bone Marrow supplements). We love our bone broth (this is my wife's specialty), and we eat tons of pastured eggs. Wife is awesome enough to sprout chickpeas for us. Then, she turns half of the batch into the best homemade hummus in the world. Super high in folate (NOT SYNTHETIC FOLIC ACID, big diff)!!
You never know, ancestral eating patterns (i.e. cycling back and forth between paleo, ketosis and fasting) could easily be the missing link to the energy, mood, memory and mental performance benefits that we are all after. This is how our early ancestors ate. Start eating like this to build your biological resilience.
If you'd like to know exactly how my tribe and I live to support optimal health, go to our "About Us" page and read the entire page.
high quality ORGANS & GLANDS
Okay, you're convinced! You're going to start incorporating nose-to-tail nourishment in your routine because, well... you're educated now... you understand, just as our early ancestors did, that they provide superlative health benefits that are missing in our modern diets. The next step is sourcing it. It's important that you source the highest quality because not all organs, glands and cartilage are created equal. Consider the source.
- Should Come From An Unpolluted Geographical Region — Isolated, Healthy, Pristine Lands
- Should Come From Pasture Raised Animals
- Should Come From Grass-Fed & Grass-Finished Animals
- Should Come From Animals That Are Hormone, Pesticide & GMO Free
- Should Also Be Ultra Pure... Absolutely No Fillers (or) Flow Agents, No Allergens
- Should Be Non-Defatted
- Should Be 100% Freeze Dried... Freeze Drying Preserves Heat Sensitive Biological Activity
SUGGESTED SUPPLEMENTS (3) FOR EVERYONE
If you're going to pick just one ancestral supplement to start with, make it our GRASS FED BEEF LIVER... unless you need targeted support with another specific organ system (see below). If you are going to pick two supplements, our GRASS FED BEEF LIVER and our GRASS FED BEEF ORGANS provide complementary and synergistic nourishment. If you can add a third supplement, GRASS FED BONE MARROW fills fat soluble nutrition gaps, provides stem cells, bovine cartilage, glycosaminoglycans and the fat soluble activators that nutrition giant Dr. Weston Price extensively wrote about.
- Grass Fed Beef Liver
- Grass Fed Beef Organs (liver, heart, kidney, pancreas, spleen)
- Grass Fed Bone Marrow
On the other hand, if you're looking for targeted organ support, you may be interested in our GRASS FED BEEF HEART to support heart health (or) our GRASS FED THYROID to support a struggling thyroid (or) our GRASS FED THYMUS to support thymus function and immune health... you get the picture.* We have a nose-to-tail product line that can be found on our "Products" page. If you can't find what you're looking for (or) you're not sure what you're looking for, send us an email and we'll do everything we can to help.
Grass Fed LUNG (w/ LIVER) Summary
Our genome has evolved with the nourishment of nose-to-tail dining since the beginning of time. Grass Fed Lung (w/ Liver) is a whole food and dietary supplement that provides 100% pure bovine lung and 100% pure bovine liver. Lung tissue features a unique, remarkable density of widely differentiated blood vessels. The lung contains arteries, capillaries and veins in the approximate proportions that they exist throughout the body. Moreover, these tissues encompass the widely varied anatomy and physiology of the systemic circulatory system, including thickness, elasticity, muscularity and functions. Lung appears to be natures all-natural lung, respiratory and arteriovascular supplement.
Lung is also a source of lung-specific building blocks, peptides and enzymes. Lung tissue has historically been used by those with respiratory disorders (such as bronchitis, asthma, chronic coughs, chest colds), convalescent stages (of pneumonia, colds, flu), and pulmonary involvements (including accidents, industrial fumes and dust inhalation).* 5,6 Grass Fed Lung (w/ Liver) may nourish and support our own lung and arteriovascular and circulatory health.*
Not all organs and glands are the same. Look for the highest quality bovine lung and liver... It should come from pasture-raised, grass-fed and grass-finished animals that are hormone, pesticide and GMO free. If considering a supplement, look for one that is ultra pure (without binders, fillers (or) flow agents) and look for the freeze dried variety as these have been shown to optimally preserve nutritional factors, growth factors and co-factors.
We care deeply about each and every aspect of our "seed to supplement" way of life... great love and gratitude goes out to the souls of our animal brethren, such beautiful creatures that were sacrificed so that we could be nourished.
Sources and References
- Fishman, Stanley A. "The Benefits of Organ Meats." Tender Grassfed Meat. N.p., 09 Dec. 2014. Web. 17 June 2017.
- https://theculturetrip.com/europe/ united-kingdom/scotland /articles/history-scottish-haggis/
- http://www.gutenberg.org/files/ 38404/38404-h/38404-h.htm
- Robert Thompson, MD With Wellness Consultant
- https://www.theherbprof.com/ FoodResearch/drSimplyGlandulars.htm
- Lee R. Pneumotrophin. In Product Bulletins, circa 1950
- https://www.seleneriverpress.com/ historical/ protomorphology-the-principles-of-cell-auto-regulation/
- "Spleen, 500mg, 180 Capsules." Dr. Ron's Ultra-Pure. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 June 2017.