Grass Fed NATURAL DESICCATED THYROID — $56
— Traditional peoples, Native Americans and early ancestral healers knew that eating the organs from a healthy animal would strengthen and support the health of the corresponding organ of the individual 1 —
NOURISH YOUR WAY TO HEALTH & HAPPINESS With GRASS FED NATURAL DESICCATED THYROID
For most of human history, we effortlessly consumed (nose-to-tail) the things we needed for strength, health and happiness. Like the fertile ground that we once walked upon, we were a natural extension of this earth. In the modern world, we unknowingly struggle to fulfill our nutritional needs in order to support and sustain a vibrant, disease-free life. Up to 20% of the U.S. adult population has subclinical hypothyroidism. An additional 12% of the U.S. population will develop a clinical thyroid condition during their lifetime.
Whole food, nutrient dense organs and glands can provide great benefit for those seeking targeted support in harmony with nature — the old fashioned way, the way that our early ancestors did. Grassfed Beef Thyroid is a whole food dietary supplement that provides natural desiccated thyroid (with liver). These whole foods provide the nutrients, proteins, peptides, cofactors and enzymes to nourish, balance and support thyroid health. The addition of liver fills nutrition gaps more completely than any other food (see thyroid nutrition below). Our mission is our purpose... putting back in, what the modern world has left out.
FACT: Grassfed Beef Thyroid is a natural, whole food dietary supplement, unlike Armour, Naturethroid, Westhroid-P (WP) and NP Thyroid which are concentrated USP thyroid extracts derived from porcine.
- Pasture Raised In New Zealand
- Grass-fed & Grass-Finished
- Hormone, Pesticide & GMO Free
- Absolutely No Fillers (or) Flow Agents
- 100% Freeze Dried & Non-Defatted
- Third Party Tested For Purity
- Allergen Free
CONSIDER THE SOURCE
New Zealand seems like it was made for raising healthy cattle. Its location and climate produce pristine conditions for cattle, and the farmers have uncanny expertise handed down for generations. New Zealand is unique among meat-producing regions in the world because its climate is moderate so the grass in the pastures grows fresh and grows green year-round which means the cows can eat the food that’s healthiest for them every day of the year.
Our nose-to-tail product line is always from grassfed, inspected animals born and raised without the use of pesticides, hormones or antibiotics. Health of livestock used for manufacturing in New Zealand is closely monitored by a world leading biosecurity system that is second to none, and is a global exemplar. Strict government licensing, auditing and certification procedures mean that our genuine New Zealand freeze dried products can be used with complete confidence in their origin, safety and efficacy. Freeze-drying preser
* Our product line is 100% additive-free... Absolutely no stearates, lubricants, binders, fillers or flow agents *
- Serving Size: 1 to 8 Capsules
- Servings Per Container: Varies
AMOUNT PER CAPSULE
Freeze-Dried New Zealand Grassfed Desiccated Beef Thyroid With Liver
- Grass Fed Thyroid (Bovine) 30MG
- Grass Fed Liver (Bovine) 470MG
OTHER INGREDIENTS: Collagen (Bovine Gelatin) Capsules
SUGGESTED USE: One to eight capsules daily or as directed by a healthcare professional.
MANUFACTURED IN THE USA: ANCESTRAL SUPPLEMENTS, LLC
FDA STATEMENT: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
PRICE & PAYMENT OPTIONS: $46 per bottle. All transactions are currently being processed through SSL encrypted Shopify. We accept all major credit cards.
BENEFITS OF CONSUMING THYROID With LIVER
Traditional peoples, Native Americans and early ancestral healers knew that eating the organs from a healthy animal would strengthen and support the health of the corresponding organ of the individual. For instance, the traditional way of treating a person with a weak heart was to feed the person the heart of a healthy animal. Similarly, eating the kidneys of a healthy animal was believed to support urinary ailments and overall kidney health... Pancreas was fed to people with digestive problems... and spleen was fed to people with immune and blood deficiencies. The thyroid gland was no different.*
Organ meats and glands were a staple of our early ancestors' diets as the ultimate superfood, for good reason. It turns out, this nourishing tradition is backed by science... "Radioisotope labeling studies in animals have shown conclusively that, when eaten, organs and glands selectively travel to the corresponding organs and glands in high concentrations. This research, done at the University of Scotland in Edinburgh, lends credence to the ancient practice of eating animal organs to help ensure health in one’s corresponding organs..." - Dr. Ron Schmid, ND.* Our early ancestors knew this, which is why their traditional diets included the frequent and nourishing consumption of nose-to-tail organ meats and glands.
THYROID WITH LIVER PROVIDES...
- Whole Thyroid Glandular (and all of its nourishing constituents)
- Preformed Vitamin A, B12, Choline & Folate
- Proteins, Peptides, Cofactors & Enzymes Found And Expressed In Thyroid & Liver Tissue
- Bio-available Heme Iron
FACT: Vitamin D deficiency and Vitamin A deficiency can stop T3 from activating your cell to increase your metabolic rate and increase your energy (see Thyroid Nutrition below).
THYROID WITH LIVER SUPPORTS...
- Thyroid, Energy, Mood & Metabolism Health *
- Liver Health, Detoxification & Methylation *
- Immune Health *
- Connective Tissue Health *
FACT: Even small amounts of fluoride lessen the pituitary gland’s ability to function, which in turn slows thyroid production. Larger amounts of fluoride, which most people do consume from tap water, disrupt the whole endocrine system and wreak havoc on hormone production. Fluoride consumption over time essentially slows the whole body down, including the brain.
DOSING (1 to 8 capsules a day)
There are various dosing strategies to consider when taking all natural desiccated thyroid (NDT). Each capsule provides 30MG of desiccated thyroid (with 470MG of desiccated liver). A conservative dose is just one capsule a day; however, it is more common to take two capsules a day for the first two weeks, then increase by one capsule every two weeks in search of the optimal dose. As a reminder, Grassfed Beef Thyroid is a natural, whole food dietary supplement, unlike Armour, Naturethroid, Westhroid-P (WP) and NP Thyroid which are concentrated USP thyroid extracts derived from porcine. For an in depth dosing resource on USP thyroid extracts, click here.
- Weeks 1 & 2 - Two capsules daily in the early morning (or) split dosage *
- Weeks 3 & 4 - Three capsules daily in the early morning (or) split dosage *
- Weeks 5 & 6 - Four capsules daily in the early morning (or) split dosage *
- Weeks 7 & 8 - Five capsules daily in the early morning (or) split dosage *
- Weeks 9 & 10 - Six capsules daily in the early morning (or) split dosage *
- Weeks 11 & 12 - Seven capsules daily in the early morning (or) split dosage *
- Weeks 13 & 14 - Eight capsules daily in the early morning (or) split dosage *
* Early Morning: Take one capsule as soon as you wake in the morning on an empty stomach. Wait at least one hour before food and ideally two hours before coffee. If you haven't tried bulletproof coffee, now might be a good time.
* Split Dosage: Take a main dosage in the early morning (e.g. four capsules), then take a smaller dosage in the afternoon (e.g. two capsules). This can help to achieve a more stable level of energy throughout the day without disrupting sleep.
The information provided on this site is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease without consulting with a qualified healthcare professional.
The primary issue that can occur with consuming natural desiccated thyroid is over-stimulation. This is an indication that a person has taken too much at a given time. Signs of over-stimulation include: increased heart rate (or) heart palpitations, feeling anxious, feeling shaky, feeling hotter than usual and sometimes fatigue. It is important to reduce the dosage following any issue, such as those related to over-stimulation. The effects of over-stimulation are temporary and should subside within a few hours; however, if over-stimulation persists beyond twenty-four hours, this should be addressed by a qualified healthcare professional.
For most of human history, we effortlessly consumed nose-to-tail nutrition that supported our strength, health and happiness. In the modern world, we unknowingly struggle to fulfill our nutritional needs. It's easy to see why so many kids and adults alike are walking around like zombies. The nourishing wisdom that allowed our early ancestors to live a vibrant, disease-free life has been tucked away for convenient, cheap, hyperpalatable food-like products that support big industry as opposed to our health. These products might appeal to taste, but they leave us hungry and stuffed because our bodies are still starving for true whole-food nourishment. As a result, the most common nutrient deficiencies are also implicated with thyroid health.
- Vitamin A - Look to liver for real, preformed vitamin A (retinol). If you're not consuming liver (or) desiccated liver, you're probably deficient.
- Vitamin D - Get sensible sun exposure... or, consider a vitamin D3 supplement.
- Vitamin K - Eat your fermented foods like natto and veggies like kimchi and sauerkraut... or, consider a vitamin K complex supplement.
- B12 - Again, liver reigns supreme here providing 13.6 mcg (230% DV) of vitamin B12 per serving (6 capsules of our Grassfed Beef Liver).
- Choline - Liver's got you covered... pasture-raised egg yolks are also a rich source of choline.
- Iron - The recurring theme here is liver... and other red meats, oysters and sardines.
- Iodine - Sea vegetables. Consider organic kelp granules to add in bone broth soup, sprinkle over salad or as a seasoning to all dishes.
- Selenium - Simple, eat one organic brazil nut a day.
- Magnesium - It's really hard to get enough magnesium from diet. Look for a transdermal magnesium oil. Apply before bedtime.
It's not hard to see why liver is considered a nutritional powerhouse and included in the Grassfed Beef Thyroid supplement — liver fills nutrition gaps more completely than either other food. A whole food, nutrient dense diet provides the nourishment we need in order to express the strongest and healthiest version of ourselves... Food forms the basis of our health.
Our biology is truly remarkable as it relates to our ability to heal... we just need to create the right environment for healing to take place. Bruce Lipton's work regarding The Biology Of Belief demonstrates that we are indeed the architects of our experience. We can, and we do, create cell signals (perceptions) with our thoughts. So stay positive... think about the wonderful things in your life that you're grateful for... eat like our early ancestors did... move around like our ancestors did... slow down... go barefoot, connect to the earth... get sensible sun exposure... sleep like a rock... keep stress in check... and breathe.
Janie A. Bowthorpe developed a comprehensive website and book called "Stop the Thyroid Madness." Her work has been an invaluable resource for patients and doctors dealing with thyroid issues. The following information is a very abridged version from her website which can be accessed here.
TSH - (with a low free T3) is more about hypopituitary, not the thyroid.
Free T4, Free T3 and Reverse T3 (RT3) - “Free” in front of T3 and T4 is measuring what is available for use unlike the the “total.”
Thyroid Antibodies - both anti-TPO and anti-thyroglobulin are needed, not just one.
Iron Panel - all four iron labs are needed because ferritin can be low due to high heavy metals, not just low iron.
Janie's website also recommends saliva cortisol testing, B12, magnesium, other minerals, plus D3 and sex hormones which can all play a role in thyroid health. Many health professionals don't know that these labs exist, much less know how to interpret the data. To understand these labs and what to do, I again refer you to "Stop The Thyroid Madness" webpage — all about lab values which can be found here.
high quality ORGANS & GLANDS
Okay, you're convinced! You're going to start incorporating organs and glands in your routine because, well... you're educated now... you understand, just as our early ancestors did, that they provide superlative health benefits that are missing in our modern diets. The next step is sourcing it. It's important that you source the highest quality because not all organs and glands are created equal. Consider the source, consider this:
- Should Come From An Unpolluted Geographical Region — Isolated, Healthy, Pristine Lands
- Should Come From Pasture Raised Cows
- Should Come From Grass-Fed & Grass-Finished Cows
- Should Come From Cows That Are Hormone, Pesticide & GMO Free
- Should Also Be Ultra Pure... Absolutely No Fillers (or) Flow Agents, No Allergens
- Should Be Non-Defatted
- Should Be 100% Freeze Dried... Freeze Drying Preserves Heat Sensitive Biological Activity
If you're going to pick just one ancestral supplement to start with, make it our GRASS FED BEEF LIVER... unless you need targeted support with another specific organ system. If you are going to pick two supplements, our GRASS FED BEEF LIVER and our GRASS FED BEEF ORGANS provide complementary and synergistic benefits. On the other hand, if you're looking for targeted organ or glandular support, you may be interested in our GRASS FED BEEF HEART to support a strong heart (or) our GRASS FED THYROID for thyroid support... you get the picture.
GRASSFED Beef THYROID Summary
Our genome has evolved with the nourishment of nose-to-tail dining since the beginning of time. Grassfed Beef Thyroid is a whole food dietary supplement that provides natural desiccated thyroid (with liver). These whole foods naturally provide nutrients, proteins, peptides, enzymes and cofactors to nourish, balance and support thyroid health.* The addition of liver fills nutrition gaps more completely than any other food. The health and happiness effects of consuming beef thyroid and liver include supporting one's own thyroid and liver health along with all the downstream benefits that come with.*
Not all organs and glandulars are the same. Look for a high quality beef thyroid that comes from pasture-raised, grass-fed cows that are hormone, pesticide and GMO free. When considering a dietary supplement, look for one that is ultra pure (without binders, fillers (or) flow agents) and look for the freeze dried variety as these have been shown to optimally preserve nutritional factors and co-factors.
SAFETY OF OUR GRASS-FED, PASTURE-RAISED LIVER
High quality liver from pasture-raised, grass-fed cows is completely safe to consume. There is a common misconception about the liver being a storage depot for toxins which couldn't be further from fact. One of the many roles of liver is to filter toxins and send them to be expelled — usually in the urine via the kidney. In other words, the liver does not hold on to toxins, it expels them. The liver does act as a storage depot for vitamins, minerals and glycogen. Rest assured, liver from healthy animals is safe, nutritious and time-tested.
Need more assurance... Recall that liver is rich in choline, folate and B12. A diet rich in these nutrients supports methylation. Amongst other things, methylation is central to detoxification. What's more, is that without adequate choline (most Americans) fatty deposits may accumulate that contribute to non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Downstream issues include compromised detoxification, high cholesterol and memory problems. The take home message is this... grass-fed, pasture-raised liver is not only safe to consume but one could say that its nutrients are required to support and optimize our own detoxification pathways. Enjoy!
ACTIVATING AN ANCIENT PATHWAY
Our early ancestors were regularly subjected to cold temperatures. It’s most likely why we humans have brown adipose tissue (BAT). BAT is especially abundant in newborns and in hibernating mammals. It is also present and metabolically active in adult humans and its primary function is thermoregulation. In the modern world though, we are rarely subjected to cold temperatures for any real duration... Let's face it, who likes that uncomfortable frigid feeling that comes with cold, especially when we have access to warmth 24/7. In modern times, we simply put on some clothes… turn up the heater… or we avoid the cold altogether by staying inside. Our potential for strength and health remains encoded in our DNA, and under certain conditions, we can genetically express the strongest, healthiest version of ourselves. Those "certain conditions" almost always have to do with nose-to-tail nutrition. In this instance, it has to do with getting cold.
Intentional cold exposures initiate adaptive processes and response mechanisms that are hardwired into our genes. We have 60,000 miles of blood vessels within us that are lined with smooth muscles that constrict (or) dilate based on our perception of temperature. This process of vasoconstriction and vasodilation is like exercise for your blood vessels.
Cold exposure benefits include boosting heart health through improved circulation and increased tolerance to stress, upgraded immunity, and enhanced metabolic flexibility. Rhonda Patrick, PHD writes “cold exposures increase cold shock proteins including one in the brain that repairs damaged synapses and in muscle prevents atrophy, how cold-induced norepinephrine lowers inflammation and pain by decreasing the levels of 3 inflammatory mediators…” This is very, very interesting stuff and it's grounded in evolutionary science.
Give it a try. Start with cold / hot shower contrasts for 30 seconds at a time. At first, you'll down right hate me for it because it is down right uncomfortable. Continue the shower contrasts over a 30 day period. Take notice how you feel afterwards... it will keep you coming back for more. It gets easier and easier because the adaptive mechanisms, including the smooth muscles that line the blood vessels, adapt... they get stronger, faster and more efficient at doing what they were designed to do. You will notice that your ability to withstand cold will increase considerably after only a few days. Like any other stressor, we adapt… it gets easier… and it starts to feel amazing.
You never know, cold exposures could easily be the missing link to the strength, energy and other health benefits that we are all after. Send me an email... let me know your thoughts... let me know your questions. I'd love to hear from you. Our mission is our purpose... putting back in, what the modern world has left out.
Sources and References
- Fishman, Stanley A. "The Benefits of Organ Meats." Tender Grassfed Meat. N.p., 09 Dec. 2014. Web. 17 June 2017.
- Kresser, Chris, and Amy Nett, MD. "RHR: Subclinical Hypothyroidism-What You Need to Know." Chris Kresser. N.p., 14 Oct. 2015. Web. 24 June 2017.
- "General Information/Press Room." American Thyroid Association. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 June 2017.
- Fishman, Stanley A. "The Benefits of Organ Meats." Tender Grassfed Meat. N.p., 09 Dec. 2014. Web. 17 June 2017.
- "Spleen, 500mg, 180 Capsules." Dr. Ron's Ultra-Pure. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 June 2017.
- Osborne, Peter, MD. "10 Nutrient Deficiencies Every Thyroid Patient Should Have Checked." Hypothyroid Mom. N.p., 12 June 2015. Web. 24 June 2017.
- Edwards, Michael. "Understand Hypothyroidism – Prevention and Natural Remedies." VICTORY OVER CANCER. N.p., 11 Nov. 2015. Web. 24 June 2017.
- "Natural Thyroid 101." Stop The Thyroid Madness. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 June 2017.
- Carney, Scott, and Wim Hof. What doesnt kill us: how freezing water, extreme altitude, and environmental conditioning will renew our lost evolutionary strength. Brunswick, Victoria, Australia: Scribe Publications, 2017. Print.
- Patrick, Rhonda, Ph.D. "New 20-page report on cryotherapy just released! Cold shock boosts norepinephrine up to 5-fold & increase type of immune cell that kills tumor cells." FoundMyFitness. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 June 2017.