Compare Dr Rons Spleen — $50 Ancestral Supps — $44
— Traditional peoples, Native Americans and early ancestral healers believed that eating the organs from a healthy animal would strengthen and support the health of the corresponding organ of the individual * —
NOURISH YOUR WAY TO HEALTH & HAPPINESS With GRASS FED beef SPLEEN *
For most of human history, we effortlessly consumed (nose-to-tail) the things we needed for strength, health and happiness. Like the fertile ground that we once walked upon, we were a natural extension of this earth. In the modern world, we unknowingly struggle to fulfill our nutritional needs in order to support and sustain a vibrant, disease-free life. We are now part of a world where immune system maladies run amuck.
Whole food, nutrient dense organs and glands can provide great benefit for those seeking targeted support in harmony with nature — the old fashioned way, the way that our early ancestors did. Grassfed Beef Spleen is a whole food dietary supplement that provides 100% pure bovine spleen. This whole food provides proteins exclusively expressed in spleen tissue as well as various peptides, such as tuftsin and splenopentin, which have been shown to enhance and modulate immune health.* Our mission is our purpose... putting back in, what the modern world has left out.
- Pasture Raised In New Zealand
- Grass-fed & Grass-Finished
- Hormone, Pesticide & GMO Free
- Absolutely No Fillers (or) Flow Agents
- 100% Freeze Dried & Non-Defatted
- Third Party Tested For Purity
- Allergen Free
CONSIDER THE SOURCE
New Zealand seems like it was made for raising healthy cattle. Its location and climate produce pristine conditions for cattle, and the farmers have uncanny expertise handed down for generations. New Zealand is unique among meat-producing regions in the world because its climate is moderate so the grass in the pastures grows fresh and grows green year-round which means the cows can eat the food that’s healthiest for them every day of the year.
Our nose-to-tail product line is always from grassfed, inspected animals born and raised without the use of pesticides, hormones or antibiotics. Health of livestock used for manufacturing in New Zealand is closely monitored by a world leading biosecurity system that is second to none, and is a global exemplar. Strict government licensing, auditing and certification procedures mean that our genuine New Zealand freeze dried products can be used with complete confidence in their origin, safety and efficacy. Freeze-drying preser
* Our product line is 100% additive-free... Absolutely no stearates, lubricants, binders, fillers or flow agents *
- Serving Size: 3 to 6 Capsules
- Servings Per Container: Varies
AMOUNT PER CAPSULE
Freeze-Dried New Zealand Grassfed Beef Spleen
- Grass Fed Spleen (Bovine) 500MG
OTHER INGREDIENTS: Collagen (Beef Gelatin) Capsules
SUGGESTED USE: Three to six capsules daily or as directed by a healthcare professional.
MANUFACTURED IN THE USA: ANCESTRAL SUPPLEMENTS, LLC
* FDA STATEMENT: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
BENEFITS OF EATING SPLEEN
Traditional peoples, Native Americans and early ancestral healers believed that eating the organs from a healthy animal would strengthen and support the health of the corresponding organ of the individual. For instance, the traditional way of treating a person with a weak heart was to feed the person the heart of a healthy animal. Similarly, eating the kidneys of a healthy animal was believed to support urinary ailments and overall kidney health... Pancreas was fed to people with digestive and endocrine problems... and spleen was fed to people with immune and blood deficiencies.*
Organ meats were a staple of our early ancestors' diets as the ultimate superfood, for good reason. It turns out, this nourishing tradition is backed by science... "Radioisotope labeling studies in animals have shown conclusively that, when eaten, organs and glands selectively travel to the corresponding organs and glands in high concentrations. This research, done at the University of Scotland in Edinburgh, lends credence to the ancient practice of eating animal organs to help ensure health in one’s corresponding organs..." - Dr. Ron Schmid, ND.* Our early ancestors knew this, which is why their traditional diets included the frequent and nourishing consumption of nose-to-tail organ meats.
BEEF SPLEEN CONTAINS...
- Proteins Exclusively Found And Expressed In Spleen Tissue *
- Unique Peptides Such as Tuftsin & Splenopentin To Support Immune Health *
- Spleen Extracts & Splenin Further Support & Modulate The Immune System *
- Immunologically Active Proteins Shown To Stimulate Macrophages & Enhance Natural Killer (NK) Cell Activity *
NOTE: In the 1930s, spleen extract was shown to improve white blood cell counts as well as benefit infections... while in modern-day Germany, spleen extract has increased in use for its immune-potentiating effects.*
BEEF SPLEEN SUPPORTS...
- Optimal Spleen Health Based On "Like Supports Like" *
- Immune System Health *
- Inflammatory Health *
- Digestive Health (this is widely recognized Traditional Chinese Medicine) *
- Blood Health With 12.5 MG of Glandular Derived Heme Iron Per Ounce *
NOTE: According to The Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine (Third Edition) by Pizzorno and Murray, spleen extract may be used to support immune related health conditions ranging from autoimmune health, inflammatory health, blood health and more.*
SUGGESTED USE (3 TO 6 CAPSULES A DAY)
Six capsules provides the equivalent of one ounce of fresh, raw whole bovine spleen that you’d get from your local farmer (or) butcher. Our Grass Fed Beef Spleen is a whole food dietary supplement that can be taken with (or) without food (even though it technically is food). The suggested use is 3 to 6 capsules a day or as directed by a healthcare professional — for added support, the dose can be doubled. This supplement can be consumed all at once, or divided servings throughout the day.
high quality ORGANS & GLANDS
Okay, you're convinced! You're going to start incorporating organ meats in your routine because, well... you're educated now... you understand, just as our early ancestors did, that they provide superlative health benefits that are missing in our modern diets. The next step is sourcing it. It's important that you source the highest quality because not all organs and glands are created equal. Consider the source.
- Should Come From An Unpolluted Geographical Region — Isolated, Healthy, Pristine Lands
- Should Come From Pasture Raised Cows
- Should Come From Grass-Fed & Grass-Finished Cows
- Should Come From Cows That Are Hormone, Pesticide & GMO Free
- Should Also Be Ultra Pure... Absolutely No Fillers (or) Flow Agents, No Allergens
- Should Be Non-Defatted
- Should Be 100% Freeze Dried... Freeze Drying Preserves Heat Sensitive Biological Activity
If you're going to pick just one ancestral supplement to start with, make it our GRASS FED BEEF LIVER... unless you need targeted support with another specific organ system (see below). If you are going to pick two supplements, our GRASS FED BEEF LIVER and our GRASS FED BEEF ORGANS provide complementary and synergistic nourishment. If you can add a third supplement, GRASS FED BONE MARROW fills fat soluble nutrition gaps and provides the fat soluble activators that nutrition giant Dr. Weston Price extensively wrote about.
- Grass Fed Beef Liver
- Grass Fed Beef Organs (liver, heart, kidney, pancreas, spleen)
- Grass Fed Bone Marrow
On the other hand, if you're looking for targeted organ support, you may be interested in our GRASS FED BEEF HEART to support heart health (or) our GRASS FED THYROID to support a struggling thyroid (or) our GRASS FED SPLEEN to support spleen and immune health... you get the picture.* We have a nose-to-tail product line that can be found on our "Products" page. If you can't find what you're looking for (or) you're not sure what you're looking for, send us an email and we'll do everything we can to help.
GRASSFED Beef SPLEEN Summary
Our genome has evolved with the nourishment of nose-to-tail dining since the beginning of time. Grassfed Beef Spleen contains proteins that are exclusively found and expressed in spleen tissue. Based on the concept of "like supports like," consuming spleen may strengthen and support our own spleen.* Spleen extract also provides unique peptides such as tuftsin and splenopentin which may enhance and modulate immune health.*
Not all organs and glands are the same. Look for the highest quality beef spleen... It should come from pasture-raised, grass-fed cows that are hormone, pesticide and GMO free. If considering a supplement, look for one that is ultra pure (without binders, fillers (or) flow agents) and look for the freeze dried variety as these have been shown to optimally preserve nutritional factors and co-factors.
NOTE: Desiccated spleen (or) whole spleen glandular can be found on the market by various names: whole spleen, spleen extract, desiccated spleen, spleen glandular, standard process PMG (technically a brand) and ovine spleen (sheep).
ACTIVATING AN ANCIENT PATHWAY
Our early ancestors were regularly subjected to cold temperatures. It’s most likely why we humans have brown adipose tissue (BAT). BAT is especially abundant in newborns and in hibernating mammals. It is also present and metabolically active in adult humans and its primary function is thermoregulation. In the modern world though, we are rarely subjected to cold temperatures for any real duration... Let's face it, who likes that uncomfortable frigid feeling that comes with cold, especially when we have access to warmth 24/7. In modern times, we simply put on some clothes… turn up the heater… or we avoid the cold altogether by staying inside. Our potential for strength and health remains encoded in our DNA, and under certain conditions, we can genetically express the strongest, healthiest version of ourselves. Those "certain conditions" almost always have to do with nose-to-tail nutrition. In this instance, it has to do with getting cold.
Intentional cold exposures initiate adaptive processes and response mechanisms that are hardwired into our genes. We have 60,000 miles of blood vessels within us that are lined with smooth muscles that constrict (or) dilate based on our perception of temperature. This process of vasoconstriction and vasodilation is like exercise for your blood vessels.
Cold exposure benefits include boosting heart health through improved circulation and increased tolerance to stress, upgraded immunity, and enhanced metabolic flexibility. Rhonda Patrick, PHD writes “cold exposures increase cold shock proteins including one in the brain that repairs damaged synapses and in muscle prevents atrophy, how cold-induced norepinephrine lowers inflammation and pain by decreasing the levels of 3 inflammatory mediators…”* This is very, very interesting stuff and it's grounded in evolutionary science.
Give it a try. Start with cold / hot shower contrasts for 30 seconds at a time. At first, you'll down right hate me for it because it is down right uncomfortable. Continue the shower contrasts over a 30 day period. Take notice how you feel afterwards... it will keep you coming back for more. It gets easier and easier because the adaptive mechanisms, including the smooth muscles that line the blood vessels, adapt... they get stronger, faster and more efficient at doing what they were designed to do. You will notice that your ability to withstand cold will increase considerably after only a few days. Like any other stressor, we adapt… it gets easier… and it starts to feel amazing.
You never know, cold exposures could easily be the missing link to the strength, energy and other health benefits that we are all after. Send me an email... let me know your thoughts... let me know your questions. I'd love to hear from you. Our mission is our purpose... putting back in, what the modern world has left out.
Sources and References
- Murray, Michael T., Joseph E. Pizzorno, and Lara Pizzorno. The encyclopedia of healing foods. 3rd ed. Place of publication not identified: Time Warner International, 2006. Print.
- Ronzio, Robert, Ph.D. "GLANDULARS - PROTOMORPHOGENS." DCNutrition.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 June 2017.
- Fishman, Stanley A. "The Benefits of Organ Meats." Tender Grassfed Meat. N.p., 09 Dec. 2014. Web. 17 June 2017.
- "Spleen, 500mg, 180 Capsules." Dr. Ron's Ultra-Pure. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 June 2017.
- Frtiz, Heidi, MA, ND. "Glandular Extracts - Traditional Medicine for the Modern Times." New Roots Herbal. N.p., 13 Sept. 2016. Web. 17 June 2017.
- Suttie, Emma, D.Ac, AP. "The Spleen - How To Have A Healthy, Happy Spleen With Chinese Medicine." Chinese Medicine Living. N.p., 11 Apr. 2017. Web. 22 June 2017.
- "Beef, variety meats and by-products, spleen, raw Nutrition Facts & Calories." Nutrition Data know what you eat. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 June 2017.
- Carney, Scott, and Wim Hof. What doesnt kill us: how freezing water, extreme altitude, and environmental conditioning will renew our lost evolutionary strength. Brunswick, Victoria, Australia: Scribe Publications, 2017. Print.
- Patrick, Rhonda, Ph.D. "New 20-page report on cryotherapy just released! Cold shock boosts norepinephrine up to 5-fold & increase type of immune cell that kills tumor cells." FoundMyFitness. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 June 2017.